Foxtail Foods Simply Scoop™ muffin batter allows you to select the size muffins you want, make as many or as few muffins as you like, and freeze the rest of the pail until next time. The batter is re-freezable up to three times for your convenience. Our batter, with proprietary pudding base, delivers superior texture, moistness and long-lasting freshness. Foxtail Foods dough and batters are also versatile. Here are a few tips for how you can take Foxtail Foods dough and batter and incorporate it into your own unique recipes.
Explore the versatility of our muffin batters. Try using our apple cinnamon muffin batter to make moist, gourmet apple cinnamon waffles for breakfast or a snack on the go.
Here are a few of our favorite muffin recipes:
Egg nog Muffins
Add egg nog flavoring to plain muffin batter to taste. Scoop 12 small muffins. Top with the following:
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces) sugar
- 1/2 cup (2 1/4 ounces) Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon eggnog flavor, optional
- 3 tablespoons (1 1/2 ounces) butter, melted
Stir together all of the topping ingredients JUST till crumbly. Stir gently, and don’t overmix; you don’t want to turn this crumbly topping into a solid mass. Sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
Bake the muffins at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until they’re a pale golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and serve warm, or at room temperature.
BBQ Corn Muffins
Original recipe makes 8 muffins.
- Foxtail Foods Corn Muffin batter
- 1 cup pulled pork in barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded pepperjack cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line muffin tin with paper baking cups. Spray each cup with cooking spray.
- Fill each cup 1/3 full with muffin batter.
- Sprinkle desired amount of shredded pepperjack cheese into each cup (maintaining half the amount for the top of the muffins)
- Add 1 to 2 tablespoons of pulled pork to each cup.
- Top each muffin cup with more batter
- Use the remaining 1/4 of shredded cheese to top each muffin.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the batter comes out clean, about 20 minutes.